Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Open House

So, Tina came right on time and picked me up to go to Richard's. I got to ride in her mini Cooper...so cool! The seats are heated! What a treat!

Anyway...we drove through the slush to Central Village. We were not the first ones to arrive. We got to visit with Wayne, Lisa, Jim and Deb..and Richard, of course. And surprise surprise..Russ showed up early! We had a great time visiting and laughing...and then I started getting tired...so we headed home.

I got home and went up to bed....turned on the tv just in time to watch the Huskies play Gonzaga....I thought I would doze off during the game...but no way...it was TOO EXCITING! The game ended up going into overtime on a AJ Price circus shot for three points...with 11 seconds left. The Huskies held on for the win in overtime. What a great game!

Now I'm downstairs because Sandy has to take her nap before she goes to work. We're getting more snow....I don't know if it's going to start tonight or tomorrow...but more snow is headed this way. We'll be cleaning house tomorrow, wrapping gifts and sending out more Christmas cards...I know I know...late. But that's the way it goes.

I keep forgetting to mention that I heard from my friend Craig's son last week. Craig is a friend of mine from the Army...I used to work with him and I lived with him and his wife, my friend Rita, for sometime when I was at Ft Jackson. Well..Rita died 10 years ago of a heart condition...I still think of her frequently and I miss her terribly. Well..now Craig is in the hospital (in Ohio) after having a bad heart attack. When Christopher called me (and it's so eery talking to him because he sounds JUST LIKE Craig)...Craig was on a "heart pump" and on a ventilator. They have now unhooked him from the pump and are trying to wean him off the ventilator.

I want to ask my buddies who read this to send good, healing thoughts Craig's way. He is a special friend of mine and is such a good guy....I can't stand the thought of losing him. He means so much to me. So, please send a good thought his way. Thanks!

As for me..I'm doing JUST GREAT! Feel free to stop worrying so much about me!

Don't forget the UConn women play tomorrow on CPTV at 4:30. And it would be nice if you made a little pledge to CPTV to thank them for carrying those games...we are so lucky to be able to see our favorite team play just about every game on tv. NO OTHER women's team...and lots of men's teams...have that much tv coverage!

Nighty night and stay warm!

No comments: