- Damn, NY Times has article on "Top 10 places to visit in 2011" and ICELAND is one of them....now the rates are going to go up. I had hoped to sneak over there with Sandy sometime during the year.
- I went out x-country skiing in the back yard. Fell down immediately and struggled to get up...that, apparently, was all I needed to do to cause the low-grade bursitis in my left shoulder to REALLY flare-up. The pain woke me up...something that never happens...and I had to break down and take ibuprofen (bad for my stomach) to get it down to a dull roar. You never know how much you need your shoulder until....
- Both Husky teams won nail-biters on Saturday. I was supposed to have the whole gang here for the women's game. In the end, the only one who showed up was Leon, bearing garlic knots from Illiano's. He left half of them for me and went home to watch game.
- I am concerned about Tiffany Hayes, who plays for the Huskies. She seems to be out of control and unable to settle down. We need her in the worst way. I'll try not to worry too much, that's Geno's job and I have every faith in him.
- Busy day today. To Lazizah for lunch, to the studio for the Baton's show at 1pm and then up to join the gym. Later I have SNEAK Board of Director's meeting at the 99 in Groton. The club will be paying for our dinner.
- Garlic knots are addicting.
- I thought there was something wrong with my new skis. I couldn't get my left foot to lock-in to the ski for more than a few seconds. I even called LL Bean to see if I could exchange the ski at the store in South Windsor. While the woman had me on hold as she was making the arrangements with the store, I rinsed the snow out of the binding and tried the boot again. Of course, that was what the problem was. Turns out you can't get snow in the binding or it won't work. Who knew?
- The people at LL Bean's are wonderful. They are chatty, knowledgeable and very helpful. I love calling them!
- When the Pats make it into the Super Bowl I will announce, Super Bowl Party at our house! I'm sure Sandy will put the kibosh on that!
- I was so happy Green Bay won....I don't want to see Michael Vick in the Super Bowl. I'm sure there are millions of people out there that feel the same....
- So ecstatic that I now have Sirius-XM on my iPhone. I can listen to Howard wherever I am. I even get up early now to put the show on! YAY!