Wednesday, December 31, 2008

GO HUSKIES!!!

Well...I made it! We got up early, went to have my blood drawn and then headed out in the wind and snow to Hartford. Bob Miller called on the cell phone when we were en route and was completely aghast that we were on Rte 2 headed to Hartford! He says, "but it's really SNOWING hard out there!" To which I replied, "really? We hadn't noticed!"

It was really snowing hard...and we ran into "white out" conditions. Saw one little accident. Most people were driving very slowly..but they still bunch up too much...ride on each other's butts. We were late getting to the game..the score was already 20-9 by the time we got into our seats.

Cori sat right in front of us...Marie had said Cori was in that section..but I didn't realize it was right in front!

We had a great time at the game...Sandy would go get us stuff to eat (the pizza was pretty decent) and I got Mel Thomas' book! The guy next to us came back with one...so I asked him where he got it. He told us...I gave Sandy $20 and off she went to get it...AND...Mel signed it for me! That was a nice surprise.

In the last four minutes of the game I ran out of steam. Not so much that I wasn't able to climb the stairs to get up to the concourse. Sandy was impressed that I did it without stopping to rest. Then Cori and I had to wait in line for the ladies room of course....and then we walked across the street to the parking garage.

The ride home wasn't as wild as the ride up. When we got home I went up and took a little nap...Sandy had the pleasure of going out and running her snowblower...which she does seem to enjoy!

Oh...the big news of the day...I weighed myself this AM--and I weighed 139lbs....haven't weighed that since I went in the ARMY!

I talked with Birgitta today...it was great to hear her voice! They don't have snow where they are in Sweden...she was hoping for some. I told her we had it coming down like crazy here.

Talked with Chris Whitley about Craig...who is still in a drug induced coma. Everytime they try to wean him from the ventilator he has problems. Thank God Chris got some other doctors in for consults...Craig's doctor was really screwing things up. Chris feels better after talking with the neurologist and a different pulmonologist. We are all praying that Craig's lung infection clears up and he is able to come off the vent.

Happy New Year everyone! Tomorrow Janet, Jess and maybe Jeremy (?) will be coming over for supper and playing Rock Band. We invited Carol and Mark too...don't know if they will come...I hope so.

It's Bubbles birthday tonight...my little baby turns seven! Hard to believe! She's going to spend her birthday being scared to death...it's very windy out there...she hates that...it really scares her. She'll be snuggled up close to me all night.

Nighty night...see you all next year! Next year will be a better year for sure!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Can't believe you went to the game in that storm! You are either a real trooper or... completely nuts. Glad you had such a good time. Happy New Year to you!