Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday-Big East Semis

That's the biggest thing I did all day.....watch the Huskies beat Nova in the Big East semi final game. I'm now doing the second biggest thing...watching Louisville and Pitt in their semi final game.

Got up from bed after 1pm...so tired. Stayed up for a few hours and went back to bed around 4pm..slept until 6:30. Got up, had supper and watched the game.

I have to be in bed before Sandy leaves for work and I have promised that I will NOT get out of bed, no matter how much the dogs might beg. "Let them poop or pee on the floor," Sandy says, "I'll clean it up when I get home." As bad as that sounds, I will have to do as she says...I can't take another tongue lashing like I took the other day.

Got a call from Bill Taveres at the Sun today. The Sun are going to have a media event for draft day next month. If I get my chemo as scheduled, I should be "good to go" for that. I love going to the Sun for draft day....they have a high-roller suite reserved for us....we get to sit there in the lap of luxury (and trust me...it IS luxurious!), looking out over the river, with all the snacks and drinks we could ask for....a great time! I love using the bathroom...all granite and glass. Beautiful!

Someday we'll go and stay in one of those rooms. Someday. Now I sound like my father "someday we'll go to New York...." How many years did we hear that one, bless his heart! He did take us to NYC finally, just before Maria and I went into the Army. Better late than never, I guess.

I'm hoping Pitt wins this one, but I don't think it's going to happen. As soon as it's over, I'm hitting the hay. Have to catch up on my sleep!

Oh, I keep forgetting to mention here about how quickly I'm losing my eyelashes and eye brows. The brows don't bother me, most folks never noticed my brows anyway. But the lashes disappearing do create problems. In the morning I wake up and have to really make an effort to open my eyes...they are STUCK TOGETHER! It's pretty funny, really. I rinse them out with saline every morning now. That helps.

My hair is growing back faster and faster, I think. It feels that way anyhow. I will probably have Sandy 'buzz it" one more time, to get rid of the weak, dry hair that has grown in. Then I'll just let it flourish on it's own. I'm really curious to see what color it will be and if it will be curly.

Ooops...Pitt has the ball and the lead with under two minutes to go...I better watch this!

Nighty night.

No comments: