Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

We went to Phil and Renee's last night...getting there around 6:30. Had a wonderful time, great food, seeing the family and especially my Dad. Took some good pictures and then crashed hard around 10:00. We left for home, but by the time we got there I felt really ill...Sandy was right, it was all because I was overtired.

A few hours sleep later I felt good. No more mice in the bed, so I was able to sleep the night with minimal interruptions. This morning I feel kind of weak, but not bad.

Marcia emailed me that the other hospital sent over info that we don't want/need about my port. We're trying to find out WHAT KIND of port they implanted in my chest...they sent over the notes from the operation! What don't they understand about WHAT manufacturer they used???

Tomorrow I go for my second round of chemo. Jean will drive, Sandy will come with. They may have to leave me during the day to take Truman to the vet's...there is something wrong with his eye. Sandy has been treating it with medication that we had left over from Murphy's eye ordeal...it seems to be working...but she's concerned that he's scratched it.

Anyway...tomorrow I may or may not get the experimental drug. I don't know the side effects of the medication...Sandy does...she has looked it up. So, if I get side effects that she recognizes from the literature it MAY tell us that I am indeed getting the extra drug. We'll have to see.

I know that I will be tired for the next few days, so don't expect that I will be making entries in the blog...I'll be too content to be up in my beautiful king-sized bed, catching the ZZZZZZZZZssssss!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments: