Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Day After

Sandy went off to an agility trial in Rhode Island today with Truman. The other three snuggled in the bed with me. I got up at 10:30, because Bubbles decided I should get up. I let them out to pee and got my protein shake and we all went back to bed. I sipped my shake, downed all my vitamins and supplements and then just laid there for about two hours, relaxing with the pups and reading the paper.

Jean showed up at noon...she's spending the night here to be with me while Sandy works. I thought that was overkill, but after I took my shower I felt so woozy and I was happy she was there. I sat in the recliner and she made me a cup of soup and a chicken salad sandwich! She spoils me I swear!

Last night when I made my blog entry for the day I was steaming mad. I calmed down a bit today and edited out the nurse's name. I shouldn't have put her name in there. And, maybe someday she'll read it and sue me, who knows? Anyway, I calmed down a bit and as they say, "cooler heads prevail."

That's me in a nutshell...I get "hot" and then I think about it and cool off.

We know what we have to do now and we will do it. Sandy and I know what we have to do. Again, I am SO LUCKY that I have her with me all the way.

Watched the Huskies play Georgetown and Tina Charles have a wonderful game to end her career in Connecticut. Tomorrow the guys play Louisville I believe. They need to win this one too. But we will be watching the Americans play the Canadians in hockey. The only hockey game we'll watch for the next ten years! I swear, I haven't watched hockey since the "Miracle on Ice Game" and you know how many years ago that was...I believe 30???

I have to call Maria to work out the trip to Sweden details. We have to figure out the dates and where and how. It's getting more real now. She's going to love it there. I know I do.

Well...back to the Olympics!

Nighty night

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad you've cooled off a bit today, but I totally understand your frustration...I deal with it every week also...Sending you a wishes for a calm week...