Friday, January 29, 2010

It's GONE!

Darlene came over for a visit yesterday. We got Chinese take-out, had a nice lunch and then settled down to the real business...the head shave.

Sandy did the deed, Darlene videoed it and gave Sandy good advice on how to shave my head properly.

It came out great. My head looks good and this time there were no nicks!

It is so cold out there now and the wind is terrible. The doggies don't like the drop in temperature. They go out to do their business and come flying back in immediately. I don't blame them one bit!

I was going to go with Sandy to Frank's birthday party at Five Guys, but at the last minute felt woozy and decided it's best I stay home. I could just imagine myself feeling exhausted at dinner and having to leave. I don't want to wreck it for everyone....so the doggies and I are home, snug and warm.

I slept until two today as I was up again most of the night, until around 3:30, when I finally "resolved" things in the bathroom and was able to get to sleep. I wonder how long this new "ritual" is going to go on?

Heard from my favorite nurse at W & I, Marcia. She will be working next Friday, and wants me to come for a visit. I'll go after my chemo session...hope she will still be on duty. I haven't seen her in a long time. I miss her!

Okay, time to watch the news and then make my supper. I'm not eating enough. Have only had one meal so far today: bacon an egg and a piece of multi-grain toast. I have to start getting up sooner or something, to get more food into me!

Whoever would have thought that getting enough food would be a problem for me?!!???

Nighty night.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Don't go out without a nice snuggly hat on that head! Oatmeal with walnuts, cranberries and protein powder is a good way to gain wt, sadly it works for me! LOL, wish I could get Jim to eat it, his wt is WAY down, its scarey! Best wishes to you....C&J