Friday, February 13, 2009

Cooler Heads Prevail

Change # 68...Sandy gets up from her sleep and reminds me that there is no way I can go do the UConn job. Monday is smack dab in the middle of my "period of confinement," when my immunities will be so low that I have to avoid "the public."

So, I called the professor back and told him "no can do." I hope he finds someone else, but he shouldn't have waited until Friday to call me about a job on Monday, now should he??

I find that some of these professor/doctor types are not always on the ball about the timing of things and planning ahead.

It's too bad, really....Sue was going to give me a ride and I was looking forward to getting "back in the saddle again"...alas, it is not to be.....this time.

Let's see if the guy gets his messages...I had to leave a voice mail for him. If he still calls me tomorrow as planned, he's in BIG TROUBLE! Oh well...that will teach him.

Sandy made a nice steak dinner, with stuffed potatoes (cheesy) and peas. I top it off with my favorite...V8. Now that's a meal!

Looking forward to watching "Friday Night Lights"...the best show on Friday nights....and then turning in early...we want to be on the road by 7am tomorrow..heading to Essex and the eagles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know Kathy Johns closed forever last Saturday? I heard it was so packed on Friday you couldn't get close to the door!
Jim & Carol

Ann Miller said...

Jim! Say it ain't so! That guy DID NOT check his messages and he called me tonight! I broke the news to him that I can't work Monday AND I told him what you said about Kathy John's!

He had no clue! I think he's kind of dense...in a UConn professor-ish kind of way....