Friday, April 16, 2010

Fifth Chemo!

I'm in the full recline position in the hospital bed now, getting the "bad" drug (the one I had the allergic reaction to) over the next four and a half hours or so.

Everything is going fine. I have a nice nurse from my old unit Four East, her name is Anne and she remembers me from when I was inpatient. Unfortunately I don't remember her...she was a first shifter who used to come into my room first thing in the AM when I was groggy.

Anyhoo....Sandy is here and has decided to stay with me through the whole process, even though she has to work her last third shift tonight. Monday she starts her new job. She did go in for an hour or so yesterday to start learning stuff for the new job and she really liked it. I am so happy for her.

I've been busy this week. Went to get my lab work done at Backus on Wednesday, early AM and then I went down to L&M and saw Dr. DiSilvestro. Then I was feeling good and went over to visit Ellen. She's doing good and looks good. We had a nice visit and made plans for me to come visit again when I go down to L&M in three weeks.

Then I went to Chester's Barbecue and got myself a pulled pork sandwich. I took it up to Jean's (she didn't want a sandwich) and visited with her and the kids, who are on vacation and were there having lunch. After that I was tired so I reclined in the living room and took a little nap. That was refreshing and so I hit the road to home, stopping for gas along the way.

Thursday I cleaned the house, downstairs, changed the sheets and did loads of laundry. OH! Tuesday I hauled out the ironing board and picked out outfits for Sandy to wear to work....I had to iron shirts and slacks and hang them in the closet, organized according to what goes with what. Put together quite a few outfits. I'm getting good at this.

Wednesday night (I know I'm jumping around) I used my Skype set-up to call Mary Anne Hunt in Florida. I saw that she had called a few times and I missed them. So, we had a nice video call and got to see each other for the first time in about 30 years!! YIKES!! She looks great and I got to see Fred too....vaguely in the background...and I got to see her dog, Sassy. I showed her Bubbles and Rocky. It was great chatting with her and catching up on things.

Then, after I hung up with her, the house phone rang. It was Carol, calling from Tennessee, using her Skype. We had a nice chat too. I have never met her in person, but we hit it off immediately as I knew we would. Got to talk to Jim too and that was wonderful! We'll do a video call someday soon.

I have to get Birgitta and Mats to get Skype, so we can talk to each other and see each other. It's great! I HATE talking on the phone, but being able to see the person makes it feel more like a chat, not a phone call. I really like it! AND, it's free! How can you mess with that?

I got our tickets for Sweden ordered....two of the last nine available for the flight we wanted. If we were going now, we wouldn't be getting anywhere...what with the volcano eruption in Iceland grounding all the flights. That's where we will go, to Iceland and then to Copenhagen.

Birgitta has found a good hotel in the city where we can stay for a good price. She is going to get the plane tickets to Stockholm and back and the hotel reservation. This hotel sounds nice and it's very close to the palace and to the Old if I get tired, I can hike back to the hotel and take a rest if I need to and the others can continue their touring.

Everything is going well. I am so lucky. One more chemo and I'm done, hopefully for good. I'm keeping good thoughts in my head and heart about that.

Well...I'm going to doze for awhile....nighty night!

No comments: