Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going down to Jean's for dinner tonight. Taylor and boyfriend, Andrew will be there. First time I'll have a chance to chat with him. I'm looking forward to it.

We got snow the last two nights. Sandy cleared the driveway yesterday with the snow blower. Left it alone today. I don't think we got that much last night. It looks pretty out there, but we are sick of it already.

Last night I felt so sick after supper. I took a nausea pill and went ustairs....it was 8pm! I took a shower first and it felt so good to lie in bed. Sandy came up a little after 9 and I went to sleep. Got up around 10:30 this AM. The medicine worked pretty good...I didn't throw up and the other pills kept the diarrhea down to a dull roar. I only got up about four times in the night.

That's real progress.

The Huskies (both teams) had good games the other night. The guys beat Villanova and even though it was painful to watch at times, I'm glad I did. The women had their hands full in the first half with Oklahoma, but I never doubted that they would triumph in the end. They let OU rattle them for some reason. Something Geno can work on with them.

It is looking more and more as if there could be another match-up with Tennessee looming in the NCAA tournament. I think UT will be up there in the standings, along with Nebraska and Stanford.

The Huskies next challenge will be when they take on Notre Dame at South Bend, the last game of the season. Should be interesting...with that little lephrachaun dancing around, aping for the camera! Actually I like him...met "him" a few years ago at Gampel Pavilion.

Recently I have heard that there are some people who read this blog who are going thru chemo, or have been through chemo. I'm thinking maybe we will want to start our own little "discussion group" or "support group" separate from this blog.

If you are in the above group....going thru or have been through chemo, and you are interested in such a group....email me at: anyeyeball@aol.com I'll set up a mailing list group.

If you are not in the above group and want to join (you know someone who is going thru chemo...or, you think maybe you'll get cancer sometime....just to see what it's like....) email me too!

Now I'm going to take a nap so I can enjoy tonight's experience!

Nappy nap!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hey Annie, If you start a group and/or mailing list for cancer info/support please put my/our emails on the list. Jim rarely reads his mail and hates posting but I do it for him. Having cancer and going thru it with someone is like being lost in a jungle and any info anyone can give is wonderful. Hope you had a good visit tonight!