Sunday, February 14, 2010

Five Guys

That's what I did last night....

Just kidding!

Took a chance with my cell counts and went to Five Guys in E Lyme for lunch today with Sandy, Ryan, Jean and Frank. First time I've been there. I didn't make it the last time the gang went.

I had the little cheeseburger, with mayo and sauteed mushrooms. I also ate about a half a cup of fries. Everything was delish! Loaded with calories, but delish!

We went back to Frank and Jean's and played Cat-opoly (like Monopoly but all about cats) and I won! FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! I have played Monopoly since I was around seven...and have never won. I take it back....I quit playing when I was around 45...because I NEVER WON!

Well, today was my day...because I beat Ryan (who is usually the Monopoly mogul), Jean and Sandy. Later we played that rummy game...Phase 10. Didn't have the luck with that one. I got fatigued and had to go lie down and then the running to the bathroom started.....

I spent the rest of the afternoon and actually right up to this point in time (8:30) treking back and forth to the toilet. Even Rocky stopped getting up and joining me, after about the fifth time.

Sometimes I am amazed at how full of shit I am. Is that a grammatically correct sentence? Who gives a shit? HA HA!

Oh, Ryan is doing a lot better. Still recuperating from his concussion. He is still a bit "fuzzy" his Mom has noticed. He doesn't hurt anymore he says, but he still has to limit his texting, computer, no video games, etc. He had Sandy measure him today...and he was so excited that he gained a quarter of an inch in a month. He has one and three quarters of an inch to go to reach six feet! And to think I used to carry him around on my hip. He towers above me already.

Sandy did well in the job interviews. She had two interviews and both women seemed really happy to meet her. The big boss told her just that..."I am SO HAPPY that I got to meet you."
I know one thing, when I was interviewing people, I only made that statement to someone that I was planning to hire.

I guess they have seven applicants for three positions. That's not much. The first woman told Sandy that she saw her best fitting into a job that they haven't posted yet, but will soon. The position would be the liaison with the laboratory.....a place where Sandy worked way back when she first started at the hospital. She is really excited about maybe getting one of these jobs. It would be interesting, she would have an office...which is something she has ALWAYS wanted...she would work with computers, which she really likes....she thinks she would love this job.

She knows several of the nurses that they have already hired in some of the positions. I'm sure that they would recommend her...everyone who works with her has nothing but huge respect for the job she does, her work ethic and her professionalism. I know she is going to get one of these jobs and I think that for the first time in a long time she is going to love her job.

The Olympics is keeping us amused. We watched Apolo Ono win the silver medal last night, as we lay in bed. When we were assured that there would be no challenge to the race and he had indeed won, we turned out the light and went to sleep.

We sleep with the window open every night, unless the temperature is going to get waaaaay down. Well, when I washed the big comforter last year, I forgot to put the tennis balls in the dryer when I put it in to dry. The result was horrible....the down inside the comforter bunched up inside the shell...in lots of wrong places. We have tried to shake it down and have had some sucess, but I am left with basically no cover from the comforter in big spots on my side of the bed.

We have a down blanket under the comforter and we have a mattress warmer on the bed. Most nights the blanket is all I need...the hot flashes keep me pretty warm. But the past few nights, man oh man...it's been a veritable roller coaster ride----first I wake up soaked from the night sweats, get up and go to the bathroom, where I shiver....then I come back to bed and freeze, until I wake with the night sweats again and repeat the process.

I'll be so happy when it's warmer out.

I look at the back deck longingly...dreaming about having my morning cup o' joe out there. Soon.

The Huskies (guys) officially suck. Mike DiMauro has the theory that they have recruited great athletes, but poor bball players. I agree. These guys can leap out of the gym, but they think ally-oops are the number one option on offense; couldn't catch a pass if their lives depended on it; can't shoot foul shots (not enough action); and in general, have a severe lack of fundemental skills.

The women, on the other hand, are often sheer poetry in motion. Tina Charles owns the basketball court now...no one can touch her. Watching her and Maya out there is absolutely enthralling. Some people complain that the games are dull because the team doesn't lose. How can it be dull when you can watch these women play ball? Sure, we can just about bet the farm that they will win....but getting to the win is worth the watching. And there are no ally-oops to be seen.

My agenda for the upcoming week is to watch the Olympics. Good thing I have them to keep me occupied.

Nighty night and GO USA! GO HUSKIES!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Congrats on winning the cat monopoly game, I have never won a game of Monopoly in my life either! Perhaps I should find the game you mentioned...our weather was so bad here today I had to cancel Jim's liver biopsy and colonoscopy! Oh well, back to bed!