Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chemo yesterday. Drove myself up and back. Felt a bit light-headed and "weird" for awhile immediately after the treatment was over. I recall having a similar sensation last time...but it doesn't last too long.

Took a nap when I got home. Slept in this AM and then took another nap in the afternoon.

Katie called to let me know that they were heading back to the hotel from being at Quaddick all day. I took a shower, hopped in the car and met them there.

We went to the Mexican restaurant that is where Chuck's Steak House used to be...attached to the King's Inn. I had fish tacos, delicious! Everyone liked their meal and we had a good time.

Then we went to McDonald's for ice cream and the kids played on the big gym equipment they have there. I was fading again, so I hit the road after I had my mocha drink...which was also delicious.

Tomorrow they are coming down here and we'll all go to the Stonington Fair. They got to go to the beach yesterday and they all had quite a good time boogey boarding. The kids had never done it before and took to it fast. Katie had done it once before and enjoyed it as much this time as she had when she was a kid. I wish I had been able to go with them...boogey boarding is one of my favorite things to do in the summer.

Ernie got his new dog---a rescue from Alabama. The poor dear is traumatized by her trip....but Ernie is doing all the right things...and she has settled down to sleep on his bed. He says she is a mix of Funky, Bum and Daisy...which must be quite the thing. They were all great dogs. I hope she calms down and enjoys herself soon.

It's raining again. Had one big long roll of thunder...Lily just raised her head a little and looked at me, because she's downstairs. If she was upstairs she'd be panting and going nuts. She is a strange dog.

I hope it doesn't thunder again...I'm going up to bed and I want to stay up there and not have to come back down with her---and sleep in the recliner again.

Nighty night

No comments: