Monday, March 16, 2009

Selection Monday

Watched the Selection Show tonight. Huskies got a pretty easy road to the Final Four....as it should be. I'm happy Rutgers isn't in their bracket....I thought that might happen again. And I also thought the committee might stick Tennessee into UConn's bracket just to set up that drama. Didn't happen.

Charmine came by on her way back from making arrangements for her Mom's memorial service. We had a very nice talk about a lot of things, getting caught up, talking about our Mom's, etc. It reminds me of how much I've missed seeing her on a regular basis. When we worked together at Norwich we would have lunch together all the time. Then when I went to Putnam, I missed her but we would still lunch together when I came down to Uncas.

Since we've retired, we haven't seen each other as much as before and I really miss it. When I'm feeling stronger, we are going to get together to go kayaking and we talked about going to South Boston some weekday when it's nice weather. We could stroll around Maria's neighborhood and then go out to eat with Marieps when she gets home from work---or maybe Maria would be on a day off and we could all go do something together. That sounds good to us.

Charmine is a good person, and I'm lucky to have her as a friend.

Boy, Jim Perdue is on tv, doing one of his chicken ads. The older he gets, the more he looks like his Dad, Frank. I miss Frank!

That reminds me of how I'm looking more and more like my Dad. I look at myself in the mirror, with the weight off my bones and my shoulders sticking out all boney....

Last night I was going into the house from the garage and stumbled on the stairs...and Sandy says "when you go up the stairs like that, you look like your father." I was pleased about that one.

So, now we wait for the games to begin...and when they do, it will be fast and furious. The good times are upon us!

Nighty night and GO HUSKIES!!!

No comments: