Friday, November 12, 2010

Great week! I went to Dr. Valin's yesterday and saw Dr. McMillian first, she explained what Dr. V. did in the procedure. He had to release the muscles on my left side and pull the muscles on the right side, to get the hernia to fall into the abdominal cavity and to stay there. The mesh covers just about all of my central's huge. He tacked it down with stitches on all sides and I have internal incision stitches as well.

She said she felt a fluid pouch over the hernia site, which she said is common, and it should go away. If it doesn't, they will have to do something about it....I didn't bother asking about it. Then she said I needed to come back in five weeks, that they wanted to keep a close eye on me.

Then Dr. Valin came in. He told me again that my hernia was HUGE. He commented that it "was good to see me without that alien coming out of my abdomen!" HA HA!!! He didn't say a word about any fluid pouch and said I could come back in six months!

Guess who's instructions I followed?

I go back in July, my regular annual appointment month.

Of course, I then went over to Ikea and carried my bag around...adding stuff to the point that I was regretting I didn't get a carriage. I did take one to haul the stuff out to the car. Got some good buys there. And, I found "ForFor's Snap Cheese" that is a lot like the Skane cheese that I loved so much in Sweden.

I hung around a bit at Ikea, biding my time, to avoid the traffic. It worked and I was able to travel home without problems.

Today I hooked up my new wireless printer, except I'm having trouble getting my laptop to recognize that the printer is turned on and is receiving a wireless signal. I shut it down and started it up soap. I'll have my "IT" person look at it when she gets home from work. Ha ha!

Bad news from Ogunquit...we are not going to the Meadowmere for Camp Husky in January. The hotel is screwing Jack's guests out of the discount, to their detriment. They give lower rates to other people and we are REPEAT customers! Stupid financial decisions. So, I suggested we do Camp Husky here in Eastern CT. We'll see what we can set up. I do want to see the gang together.

Speaking of Camp Husky....the season starts Sunday, when they take on Holy Cross..a nice warm-up to the BIG EVENT on Tuesday, when they play Baylor at the Civic Center. Tuesday is also the night of Ellen's jewelry party...I messed up when I said I would go to it...having invited folks over here to see the big game. OOPS! I wrote to Ellen to beg off. So far, Joann is going to join us to watch the game....haven't heard from the others yet.

Sad news next door. Carol and Mark's oldest dog, Landry, has lung cancer. We were shocked, thinking it was something serious, but not that! We thought she was having pancreatic or liver problems...which is what the blood work showed. They sent her home to die. They give a week. She isn't in pain, but she isn't eating well...which is not good for a piggy Lab like her. Sandy got her a toy and will bring it over tonight. She loves toys. They are feeding her cheeseburgers, anything to get her to eat. It is so sad....she loves Mark so much and he is spending as much time with her that he can. She still goes for walks with him and stays out in the yard with him when he's working out there. It's amazing what dogs can endure....

I saw Ellen on Wednesday and I will be going back on the air in January. I can't say when, because there are some things she has to work out...but it's looking REALLY good. I asked Janet to be a co-host, to give me someone to "play off of" and to ask questions...make it more interesting...instead of my voice droning on and on....

I'm thinking up new segments for the show, like having movie reviews of films that come out about animals...or tv shows with animals as a focal point. And showing YouTube pet videos...they are not copyrighted and not everyone has a computer or knows how to see YouTube videos...

So many ideas....and I do have time to flesh them out. Now I have to start lining up guests, etc.

Tomorrow I go to the services for Vee and I'll get to see the Houle family and lots of folks I haven't seen in years. It's going to be surreal.

Sunday we have our SNEAK (Agility Club) banquet. I agreed to be put on the ballot for Club Secretary. I used to be secretary for other organizations...way before computers and email lists made it all easy! We have our banquet "Brunch" at Frank's Gourmet Grill in E. Lyme....I love that place. It will be great to see my fellow club members...some I haven't seen in a year.

Finally got my appointment for my CT scan. I also have to have a special blood test done...I don't recognize the name of it and neither does's for the research project I'm in...maybe it's the test they are developing to replace the CA 125. They are hoping this test is more reliable and can be used as a screening tool.

I now have a contact in the Norwich office...they are open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Tracy, my contact, was SO HELPFUL! It was wonderful having someone who did the job and did what they said they were going to do. She even called me back to give me a heads up that the CT scan place was closed on Veteran's Day, so I knew to call to get my appointment on Wednesday.

Okay, now I have my chores just about done for the big one left to shopping. Sandy said any money I had left over I could keep. Big incentive to save money and good for me, since I depleted my checking account severely over the last two weeks! I am operating on fumes for the rest of the month. Sandy to the rescue!


No comments: