Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Not much to post, but I don't want to get in trouble with the Peanut Gallery!

One big thing, I hit my goal of raising $1,000 for the Relay For Life today....thanks to Facebook! I posted it on there and my buddies responded, pushing me past the $1000 mark.

In years past I've had no problem raising far more than that...one year I think it was almost $3000! However, the recession has hit people hard and they can't give like they used to...I understand.

Been doing a lot of reading on my Kindle. Finished the Denise Mina books...excellent! I have one more of hers to read. Now I'm reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson. I think I'll be reading all of his books too!

I have been quiet the past two days. Feeling a bit woozy and tired. Part of the process of letting the chemo move through my system. Soon this will pass and I can really get moving.

Lynne came by yesterday to visit and return the power washer...now David wants to buy one for himself. That is a project for me sometime this month...power wash the house. We sat out on the deck and chatted and watched the birds.

The orioles have been cleaning out the oranges every day. They come right up on the deck and it's pretty neat to watch them. No sign of any life in the martin house yet.

Sox have been doing great lately and I've been watching just about every game. Celts seem to be determined to win it all...sounds like a good plan to me!

Well, Sandy is back from grocery shopping. I did my chore...I cut coupons and made up the shopping list. Not allowed into the store to do the actually shopping! Not yet anyway.

Tomorrow I'll get my bloodwork done, go to the post office and then to the Pachaug Aquarium to get fish food. Maybe sneak over to Lazizah or Bill's Barbecue...hmmmmm, which shall it be?

Anyway, Sandy is back from shopping so I'll shut the Sox off (leading 3-2) and we'll watch last night's episode of Real Housewives of New Jersey. That Teresa is such a card! And Danielle is so EVIL!

Kathy Griffin has a new comedy concert on at 10 pm....all set to be recorded. Her show starts up again next Monday and her mother has a book coming out at the end of the month...a must read called "Tip It!" What else would it be called? HA!

Nighty night!

No comments: