Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm happy to report that I'm bouncing back faster this time around. I think it's because I had six weeks off from chemo. I have more energy already, was able to clean the whole house, including vacuuming and washing floors and not collapsing!

Yesterday I cleaned upstairs and then was able to go to Taylor's 18th birthday party last night....and I lasted a long time there.

Today I ran errands at Stop and Shop, Kohl's and WalMart and was able to come home and plant my vegetables and work in the yard. I got tired, but it was a good kind of tired...the kind you get from working and sweating and being busy. I dozed in the chair as I listened to the Sox in extra innings....and it felt good.

Tomorrow I hope to get to the post office to mail the present to Lera and the kids. I've had this package for months it seems. Time to get it in the mail! Lynne is coming over after she gets out of work, to bring back the power washer.

I'm hoping I can run the power washer this week and clean the siding. It's quite green in some parts out front and just off the deck.

I bought some "topsy turvy" planters and put them out on the deck with tomatoes, peppers; chives and other herbs. Taking advantage of all the sun we get out there.

I hope to be able to make fresh salsa from the little patio garden I planted...got some serrano peppers, tomatoes; and cilantro growing out there. It will be so nice to be able to pick the stuff fresh, come in and make salsa and bring it back out to eat on the deck. I'll feel so green...and accomplished!

Sandy planted her garden on Memorial Day and already the corn is coming up! She planted tomatoes, squash and beans too. If all our tomatoes come in, we may have to open a veggie stand up by the mail box, or give it away to neighbors and maybe the group home here in town.

I still have to plant my morning glories...which reminds me, I need to put the seeds in water tonight to get them in the ground tomorrow.

This is the great time of year. I love the fresh veggies, eating outside, enjoying the weather. Even when it rains, it's cool. Love it.

I have two little doggies on my lap right now. Actually Rocky is on my lap and Bub is snuggled on my left arm. They are pooped from being out all day, chasing squirrels and chipmunks and following Sandy around in the yard.

She bought an arborvitae and a spruce tree to plant in the yard. The arborvitae is going to plug the hole created by the loss of the cottonwood we had cut down last week. The spruce is going to go in the back corner where she and her Mother cleared this spring. We may be getting another spruce to plant to block the view from Cliff's house next door, where she and her Mother cleared brush. If all goes well and the trees block the holes, maybe I can sunbathe in the nude out on the deck! YEOW!!! Heh heh...

Jean is still having problems with vertigo. When she went to PT for the exercises that gets rid of the condition she has, her blood pressure went way up...dangerously so. She had to stop and wait for a bit. So now she goes back tomorrow I think. I hope she can do the exercises. I did them a few years ago and it got rid of my vertigo. She feels like she's walking on a rolling deck out at sea. I feel for her, it's no fun.

Busy week ahead. Working in the yard, weeding out back and out front too. Working on the compost. Maybe buying an electic edger so we can edge along the fence and put stone down, so Sandy doesn't have to run the weedwhacker there--it keeps breaking the line and it's frustrating. It's a good project for me.

I go for my CT Scan Thursday...Richard is taking me. Maybe we'll go shopping afterwards, although I usually have to get home fast as the stuff they make you drink goes right through me.

I'm hoping to go kayaking some time this week too. I don't know when, will have to look at weather. I have to stay away from crowds for the next two weeks, so kayaking would be a nice, fairly solitary activity for me.

Hoping Sue comes this week to get her special present. Haven't seen her in years and I don't know why we have drifted apart. Hoping that she comes to visit and we make plans to see each other more often.

So, Life is cranking up again for me and I am SO HAPPY about it!

Nighty night!

1 comment:

Marieps said...

I'm gonna have to kick my workout routine up a notch so I can keep up with you in Sweden!