Thursday, January 7, 2010

Watching Jamelle's Cincinnati team

do a good job against the Huskies. UConn is winning, but Cincinnati can exit the court with their heads held high.
.
My rough patch continues to today...but tonight I think I've had a break-through. I've had bad cramps on and off and waves of nausea...the thing I hate most. I even had to break into my Zofran, the anti nausea med they give me when I'm having chemo. I think I get nausea as a reaction to the stomach cramps...the pain would get so intense.

I haven't been taking the pain med for the past few days. Well, now I'm going to stop taking the stool softener and the Miralax as I don't think I need it and they are the reason I'm cramping up.

I do believe that I have hit on the winning formula for success.

The nurse called me today while I was out getting my hair cut to find out if I had scheduled my CT scan that the doctor wants me to get prior to my first chemo. WHAT???!!! I had no idea that she wanted me to have a CT scan. So I had her arrange one for Tuesday and Backus Hospital agreed to give me two bottles of my favorite drink so I don't have to drive all the way to Providence to get them. UGH.....I hate CT scans. I have had so many of those damned things this year it's a wonder I don't have a certain glow about me.

Tomorrow I go get my teeth cleaned, then Charmine picks me up at 11 and we head to Boston to get Maria. Lunch somewhere and then we head to Ogunquit. It will be a long day tomorrow. Hope I make it! I think I'll nap in the car as we drive to Beantown and then take another nap after we get to the hotel. I'll also have my 5 hour energy drink, which works GREAT for me. I have four of them to get me through the weekend.

The game just ended and it brought tears to my eyes to see Jamelle hug Geno, the coaches and the players. She's going to be interviewed in a few minutes. I won't miss it.

Sandy took down all the interior Christmas decorations today. I felt bad for her, she had to shlep everything up two flights of stairs to the attic. I think we should store them in the cellar...but that's just me. The outside lights are still up, but they will have to wait.

I'm excited but nervous about the weekend. Wish me luck, that I'll make it through with no problems. I'll have Maria and Charmine mothering me I'm sure....and Anne Marie is a nurse, so I'm all set.

GO HUSKIES....BEAT NORTH CAROLINA!!!

No comments: