Thursday, January 21, 2010

I love my iPhone. I have so many applications on it that are wonderful and I'm enjoying most of them.

The Facebook app helps me stay connected to my pals and family who are on Facebook, without having to start up the computer. The email app has me checking my mail from just about anywhere I can get a wi-fi connection....and some places where I can't connect!

I love the "Live Cams" app....it has live cameras from all over the world. I lie in bed at night, before I go to sleep and check out my favorites: the penquins in the Japanese zoo; the hotel reception desk in Russia (I love the two girls who work there most nights); the city hall square in Malmo--where Birgitta and Mats took me when I went to visit them in Sweden; the pyramids in Egypt; the doggie day care in Colorado; etc. etc.

One night, when I was spending a lot of time on the toidy, I was checking out different cameras all over the world. I found on in Hungary, it looked like a bus stop or something. It was rather dark, and there were three guys there, all bundled up in their hats, coats, boots and gloves. One of the guys was doing most of the talking, his hands were flying all over the place. The other two just stood there, listening and stomping their feet in the snow. I watched these guys for a long time.

Then it dawned on me.....here I am, sitting on a toilet Griswold CT, USA, watching three strangers in Hungary in the middle of the night....and they don't even know it! What a strange world we live in.

I'm used to being on camera--at work we are videoed most every time. Even when we are in the hallways, we are on camera. I don't even think about it anymore. I read a few years back that the average American is on camera 26 minutes a day....at the bank, at the gas station, on the street, etc. I'll bet it's an even higher amount of time now. So, SMILE, you may be being watched by someone sitting on the toilet in Hungary!

Speaking of the camera in Malmo...when Maria and I go there this summer--we are going to call Sandy from the square, and she can go online and watch us wave to her! That would be fun!

Charmine came by for a visit today. It was nice to have contact "with the outside world." Here's hoping I'll be up to getting out and about soon.

That's it from here.

Nighty night!

No comments: