Monday, November 30, 2009

Went to Maria's on Saturday and finally got to go to the Lithuanian Club Kitchen. Karin joined us and we walked over there. The Club is in a big building, but you go downstairs to the kitchen. There are two ladies working there. One runs the bar and you buy your drinks (soda) from her and one runs the kitchen and makes all your food.

We had great food. We bought four plates and shared all four meals. We had stuffed cabbage with potatoes that had a nice sauce with diced bacon in it. We had sausage stuffed with vegetables and sides of cabbage and other veggies. And we had potato somethings...I call it potato pancakes but Maria said it's potato something-elses. Whatever they were, they were GOOD!

Then we hiked over to CVS and I saw a HUGE Reese's Cups package for 9.99. It was two HUGE Reeses cups. I never saw Reeses that big.

After that we went to Maria's favorite store--Goodwill. I got more books, in anticipation of being shut-in this winter. I now have LOADS of books. All different kinds.

Then I was starting to fade, so it was time to get back to Maria's. I dropped Karin off at home and then hit the road back home. Got home and watched the Huskies football game which I had recorded. Was so happy that they won again.

Sunday Jean and Ryan came up. Ryan worked with Sandy out back, hacking away in the woods, cutting out paths for Sandy to use to walk the dogs as a special treat. They did a great job. We walked the dogs around there later.

Jean and I ran down to Lisbon Landing and I was able to get most of the presents I wanted to get for Sandy. We also went to Home Depot and I got two motion sensor lights for the replace the lights we had there which I hated since the first time we drove up in this driveway.

I installed the lights and they look nice. Jean helped me, as I am always fumble-fingers when I do things like that...and sure enough, I dropped screws, caps and little nuts several times during the process. Jean was able to find them for me, so I didn't have to get up and down from the ladder.

The lights stay on from dusk to dawn in a low glow and when motion is sensed they come up full power for five minutes. Nice. Used to be we were the only house in the neighborhood that had lights on at night out front....the walkway lights leading to the front door. Now, since the break-ins, everyone has some kind of lights on. I don't really like it, but it's a necessary evil I guess.

Got the phone call this AM, my surgery will be next Tuesday. So I will be missing the Ladies Night out Holiday party at Juju's. I go "under the knife" at think good thoughts then please. You only have to think them for about 10 seconds.....that's all I need. I'll handle the rest! HA!

I'm happy about this. I want to get the "show on the road." I'm spoiled...last time I got my diagnosis on Friday, was admitted that night and then had my surgery on Monday. This waiting stuff really gets to me. I'm having trouble sleeping and I'm starting to think too much about this....I need to get over myself!

Congrats to Geno for his 700th win...I think it's now 702. I don't see them losing until well after they have broken Wooden's consecutive win record.


Marieps said...

Let me correct our menu. We had an order of stuffed cabbage and 2 orders of pork stuffed with veggies and cheese. Both plates came with potatoes, beet salad and carrot salad. We also had potato pie with sour cream. YUMMY!

Glad you could enjoy a little bit of it before your surgery.

Carol said...

YUM, sounds delicious! Reminds me of Periogi's with the cheese and potatoes stuffing, one of my favs. Jim & I are wishing you the best Annie! You'll do fine, I am sure.