Tuesday, July 12, 2011

 Back from another trip in "Jacks in a Box"...this time we went to Vermont for an agility trial.  We headed out Friday, me behind the wheel and the rain pouring down...and the lightning flashing everywhere.  Funny, Bubbles doesn't mind a thunderstorm when she is riding in the car.

This time we moved Bubbles and Rocky's kennels.  We strapped them in on the bench seat at the dining room table, facing forward.  They had been riding strapped down on the floor, under the table--riding sideways.  It seemed to bother them. So, we tried this new way.  Rocky still barked a bit on the way up and less so on the way home.  Bubbles didn't fuss at all.  So, I think we are onto something.

The weather was gorgeous up there.  Not too hot at night, which was good because we didn't have electric hook-up at the site and couldn't run the generator at night.  We slept with the windows open.  It was warm, but not too warm.

Well, Sandy slept good.  I, on the other hand, was getting shoved around by Rocky and bullied by Bubbles on Saturday night, so I did what any self-respecting dog owner would do, I got my ass out of bed and went out to sleep on the couch!   It was very comfy and there was a nice cool breeze blowing out there, much cooler than in the bedroom.  I slept like a log.

I ran Bubbles in two events over the weekend.  That's enough for her.  She did good...she qualified in both and took second place in both!  She actually ran a bit faster for me too!  

Rocky is still too overwhelmed with all the goings on around the ring.  He leaves Sandy out there and goes to visit everyone and it takes some coaxing to get him back.  The result:  no ribbons for Rocky!   We are going to continue to work with him to see if he can settle down.  But we also realize that maybe agility is just not his "thing."  We are willing to have him try other things to see if he might enjoy them more and be more relaxed doing them...like dock diving, lure coursing, etc.  But we also have to be careful about the potential stress on his bones, given the fact that he was hit by a car and heavily damaged in the past.

We really like the campground up there and decided to return in August, bringing Jean with us.  Sandy will go to an agility seminar in the mornings on Sat and Sun and Jean and I can hang out with the dogs.  They have nice walking paths, that Bubbles loves and it's nice and cool in the woods.  They also have a swimming pool that I have never been in, but in August I will go for a dip, at least.  I think we will have a nice relaxing time.

We reserved the site before we left to come home.  We got a double site, with a fire ring and water and electricity hook-up.  We will have a camp fire--something we haven't done in ages.

Speaking of things we haven't done in ages....Sandy announced that next year we are going to go back to Nova Scotia, bringing Jean with us.  I can't wait!   We already figured out how we will see the Highlands without having to drive the RV on all the mountains....we will tow the car and use it to travel through the Highlands.  We can park the RV at Cheticamp or some place like that, roam out and about in the Camry and return to the RV to sleep.

We love Nova Scotia and I have to say that we could live there quite happily.  It's a lovely place, the people are fabulously friendly and we have nothing but good things to say about it all.  We are looking forward to hiking in Keji again, seeing the Highlands, hoping to catch a glimpse of moose and watching the dogs and Jean see the beautiful places we love.  And, oh!  That seafood chowder!

Now I'm watching the All Star game...it's official, I'm a baseball geek.  They showed a great ad for Simon Cowell's new show...The X Factor and the ad alone has made me want to watch it.  Simon is so wickedly clever and right on...I miss him.

Love Papi!  And that kid of his is very talented, doing all those impersonations.  He's onto something there.  Oops!  Papi just whiffed.

Okay....time to sign off...enough meandering...except....tonight my tv show guest failed to show.  I was just going to go into the studio and tell Ellen that we couldn't do the show when who drives up?  Janet!  I said "BINGO"....Janet and I can bullshit our way through an hour!  And sure enough, that's exactly what we did!  It was a great show actually.  Sandy even said so.   So there!  Janet saved the day!

Later!

No comments: