Friday, June 3, 2011

Got my laptop back from the shop...it "only" cost me $400+ and another $18 for a keyboard protector. Should have purchased the latter when I bought the laptop...would have saved me the $400+

It's good to have the laptop back, and just in time for tomorrow night's CT Sun season opener. I just got the news that they picked up Jessica Moore! That means they have Tina, Jess, Renee, Asjha and KG...five former Huskies. Who's next? Ashley Battle? I think it's cool that they are getting all the Huskies here...they certainly know how to play the game. J Mo will be a great compliment to Tina under the basket.

Went to the therapist yesterday and talked a lot about how Sandy and I interact--the problem part of it anyway. Had a good session and talked about it a bit with Sandy last night. There was some hollering and fussing, but we came away with some mutual agreements and understandings...good talk. I'm trying to change how I interact and I realize that I hold too much in and then shut down...not good for resolving things.

Today I was going to go to the gym but the weather was so nice I stayed home and puttered around outside with the dogs. Just left them for the time it took to run down to New London to get the laptop at the shop. It was gorgeous out there.

Oh, I did work in my "office" a bit more and got more stuff squared away, dumped, recycled or stashed neatly away. I still have some boxes of pictures I need to go through with the family; some work pictures and a couple boxes of "toys"....gadgets I had in my old office when I was working. I'll see if Maria wants some of it to sell on Etsy.

Otherwise I think I'll end up recycling the whole lot.

I got a new pump for the pond. A small one, just to use to help with aeration. The pond is looking kind of scummy. We may need to drain it and clean it. We did it the year we moved here, but that was four years ago! Time to clean it I think.

The tornado the other night was so scary. I was watching on Channel 3. They do the best job of keeping people informed. I was disappointed though with that Lt. Vance (or whatever rank he is) of the State Police. He was asked about what advice the State Police had for people who might be out on the roads when a tornado hit and all he did was reiterate the advice Channel 3 was posting about get in the basement, away from windows and put a mattress over you. Hey, how about telling people to get out of their cars, seek cover in a ditch, avoid highway overpasses, etc.? Stupid.

Anyway, I am very familiar with the areas they were showing on the news where the tornado hit. We travel that way when we go to the Big E. It was eery seeing familiar sights, with trees and cars all blown all over the place.

We didn't get the storm. I could hear thunder off in the distance when it was hitting Plainfield, but it barely rained here. Maria said the lightning was awful. Multiple strikes at once and it just kept on coming.

I have a little dog curled up on my lap and it feels soooooooo good.

I went to Bob's on Wednesday and cleaned some more in his room, then went shopping for clothes for him. He had no summer shirts, needed underwear and socks and I also got him some slacks as he has gained weight and his pants don't fit him now. I'm glad he has put on some weight, he needed to.

Wini and I had a good talk and we came up with a plan to provide her with some relief. She was very honest and open with me and I told her I appreciate it. I need her to be that way with me. I told her we don't want her going downhill...if it is too hard, she needs to let us know so we can help. She promised she would. She also told me that she would let me know when she can't do it anymore.

She told me that Bob told her "when I can't live here anymore, I'll go live with Ann." That's a plan, as long as he doesn't try to pet Truman and Bubbles gets used to him!

Watching the Sox now and hoping that they can turn their latest fortunes around. They haven't been doing too good.

The little dog just snuggled in more on my lap and then heaved the little sigh....I love it when he does that.

Okay, I'm off now to watch the game.

Later!


No comments: