Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sorry about that, been busy. Haven't gotten over here in awhile.

Sandy and I had that stomach stuff going for awhile. I missed the Ladies holiday party at Lynnes, but was able to go to work when I was supposed to. No work now until January and then I have a lot of days to do.

We went to NYC on Sunday with Charmine and Pat. We met at the train station in New Haven (accent on the New as my Army recruiter used to say) and headed to Grand Central Station. We ate downstairs there, at Two Boots, an Italian/Louisiana influenced restaurant. I had a calzone...actually we ALL had calzones.

Then we strolled along the streets, popping into here and there, en route to Madison Square Garden. We went through Macys, first time I've ever been there. It was a madhouse...and VERY HOT! We checked out handbags and jewelry. Of course the stuff I liked was very expensive. I saw some things Jill Zarin would buy.

We made it to the game when the first game was just wrapping up. Had time to potty, pay $5 for a lousy bottle of water (and they take the cap off the bottle) and check out our seatmates before the Huskies came out for warm-ups. Oh, the water bottle doesn't fit into the cup holder on the seat, so you have to hold it or put it on the floor, risking spilling it. I told Sandy everyone should spill water on the floor, just to make a point.

We had great seats.....for which I spent only $45 a ticket.....I heard that those seats were going for $240 last week. Good thing I bought them from the Garden and bought them early. We were in the second row, with only one small VIP section between us and the UConn bench. The seats were fantastic! I was able to get good shots of Geno and the team with my iPhone.

The game was fast paced, the Huskies basically swarmed all over OSU and ran them off the floor. Tiffany Hayes was spectacular and the freshman Stephanie Dolson had the game of her short career. We have a center now!

Afterwards we took a cab to the Cowgirl Restaurant in the Village. Oh, we also stood in line with Barb Smith, the head referee for the Husky game...she asked if she could get a cab ahead of us as she had a plane to catch. We said sure and chatted with her while we waited for the cab.

At the restaurant we waited for Charmine's son and daughter-in-law and grandson to join us. As we sat at a table at the front Charmine told us about seeing Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones and Carla Berube and others at the game. They were sitting near them. She said Sue swigged down three beers during the game, purchased by her pals. Well, who comes strolling into the restaurant? Sue Bird and her gal pals! Interesting that Sue shows up at the same lesbian restaurant that we are at...I'm just sayin'....

Charmine's son and daughter in law brought along a friend, Shalonda, who was traveling in the East and came to see them. We had a pleasant time chatting with her, Jarod and Anna and playing with Charmine's grandson. Such a cutie he is!

I got a little ill from the heat and the food (not that it was bad, but it was heavy) I couldn't eat much. When I got out in the fresh air I felt much better.

We took a cab to Rockefeller Center (note to self: next time plan to go up to "Top of the Rock" to see the view) and enjoyed seeing the Christmas tree and the skaters. It was sooooo crowded there though, we could barely move.

We walked back to Grand Central, got drinks and snacks and then caught the 9:00 train back.

We got home after midnight.

The next day I got all dressed up for the Baton's Special Christmas Singalong show, got the dogs in their kennels and went out to my car, only to realize my key was missing. It turns out I lost it somewhere in NYC. I'm not stressing about it...no sense in it. I'll use Sandy's copy of my key and hope the other once turns up. I think if the person who finds it drops it in a mailbox, Toyota will get it and will send it to me.

Then today I put my new contacts in for the first time. I go to the store to buy sun glasses....get them and get out to the car....I had dropped my reading glasses somewhere. So I had to go buy new reading glasses.

Oh well, there's always sumthin'

GO HUSKIES!!! Jo-Ann Moylan is coming tonight for supper and to watch the Huskies whup up on FSU. Got to go get the dogs fed so I can make supper.


No comments: