Thursday, December 9, 2010

Got to work as the director for the Baton's Show on Monday. Guy and Gary couldn't make it. Guy usually does the directing and Gary handles the sound board, while I do the camera that picks up the close-ups.

Since both of them were gone, I had to run the camera controls and manage the sound board. It was fun and I remembered a lot of it from before. Piece of cake and a lot of fun.

I got a call from Ellen tonight, asking me to direct a show on next Monday for some ladies who talk about books or something...guess I'll find out what they are all about. Maybe if I help them, they might be willing to help me sometime if I'm having trouble getting someone.

Jen Gamble called the other day and said she'd be very happy to come on the show every three months or so like she used to and answer people's vet questions. It made me feel good to hear that she was very enthused about being on the show again. She said she really loved being on the show and missed doing it. So do will be fun to be back on the air again. I still don't have the word from Ellen as to when I can announce the day and time of the show...she still has to get in touch with the guy who has the slot now (and doesn't use it).

I got my new glasses yesterday. I think they be lookin' they would say in the hood.... I do like them and got a few compliments on them today at work. Of course, my good friend Charmine looks at them and offers, "they're different!" HA HA! Yes, they are different. I like them.

Worked today doing the smoking cessation gig. Reminds me of how happy I am that I quit so long ago. All that money I saved....and maybe I kept myself from getting some serious illness. Oh, wait, I DID get a serious illness. Well, maybe I'd be dead now if I had kept smoking.

Heard good news today quickly followed by horrible news. First I hear that the Sox signed Carl Crawford (who I've always liked) and then I hear that Aretha has pancreatic cancer. UGH.

Then I get in the car and learn that my buddy Howard signed a five year contract to stay on Sirius AND they now have an iPhone app that would let me listen to him when I'm out of the car! For some reason I can't listen to him on the computer ever since I switched to Apple. Haven't figured that out yet, but it would be nice to listen on the iPhone, I could listen in the yard, etc.

Today he made me laugh so hard on the way home from work. It was something that as usual, was so wrong, but so funny. It was over him imitating Dick Clark after his stroke, broadcasting on New Year's Eve. Have you heard Dick since his stroke? You can barely understand what the hell he's saying. Anyway, Howard starts imitating him and then says, "if I ever had a stroke, you'd never hear from me again, I won't have you bastards imitating me and making fun of me." Then he proceeded to talk like he had a stroke and was doing his show....I almost wet myself.

Anyway, the Huskies won tonight, paving the way for Sandy and I to see them tie the record at MSG on the if we ever had a doubt.

I work three days next week, including a special gig that I picked up today, Carol and I made up a scenario, utilizing my own medical history. That was fun and interesting. Then we go to New York for the game on Sunday...should be a fast week!


No comments: