Thursday, October 14, 2010

Made it through the colonoscopy with flying colors! I woke up in the middle of the procedure and got to watch the finish on the big screen TV they have set up for the doctor.

She found a little polyp and she put a clip on it because it was bleeding for some reason. She also did biopsies of various places and I'll get the results at the end of the month. She said she had no problem at all getting the probe through my system, so Dr. McCourt's concerns were unwarranted. There was no scarring, adhesions, etc.

Came home and putzed around for a bit, eating all kinds of junk, just because I could eat and then I took a nap with the Russells...we sacked out for an hour and a half. It felt so good.

I'm knocking wood as I type this next bit, but last night I only got up three times and that was only to pee (the hernia puts pressure on my bladder, making me go frequently) and I blew out a few clouds of gas. No diarrhea, no frequent BMs, no overwhelming sensation that I had to take a dump.

I had one BM today, this AM and I'm hoping that the purge of my system straightened out whatever was wrong with my bowels. Maybe I can finally get a decent night's sleep. I was thinking about it yesterday...I've been waking up to go to the bathroom all night for about a year and a half now.

So you can understand why I'm hoping that tonight brings some peace in the toidy department.

This morning I drove up to Middletown to hand over Lily's kennel to an organization we donated it to. They rescue "high risk dogs" like Pit bulls, Dobies, Rotties, etc. They are in need of kennels like Lil's, escape proof, but they can't afford the price (we paid $1,000), so they were overjoyed to get the donation. I met the guy at the Harbor Restaurant in Middletown, we made the transfer and then I headed home.

It was so pretty along Rte 9, the trees are fabulous and the light was perfect. We're getting rain and high winds tonight, so the leaves might not be there after this weekend. So, i was happy I made that drive.

Now I'm taking a break from house cleaning. Sandy is home early to take Rocky and Truman to their PT appointments and then she will go to Waterford to pick up Lily's ashes.

I think I'll make eggs and home fries for supper. It will probably be raining and that will be a great meal for the weather. We like to have breakfast for supper every once in awhile.

Oh, I was finally able to burn a DVD with my Sweden pictures on it. I'm figuring out this computer little by little. One problem that I'm going to have to call them about...I try to play the installed instructional videos and they keep pausing. Not good.

Okay, break time is over, time to take Bubbles for a walk while the other two are off on their roadtrip.

My new LL Bean Double L jeans (the lined ones....I got fleece lining) should be arriving this afternoon. YAY! Looks like I'm going to be needing them soon! It's getting colder and colder.

Later!

No comments: