Thursday, June 17, 2010

Since I have heard from several readers that I better update my blog after my MD visit...here goes!


If you hear a whistle blowing....it would be blowing three long times...the official "ALL CLEAR" sound!

The CT scan showed I'm still clean as a whistle! She said, "look how short the report is!" It was half a page, instead of my initial, multiple page report last November!

I still have to go back for check-ups, once every three months for CT scan and then MD exam. I'm scheduled for the first follow-up on Sept 1st.

No more blood work! YAY!!! I just get the CA125 done the same time I go for the CT scan...that's okie doke with me.

AND....I can see the doctor in Norwich now in their new sattelite office on Sachem Street, no more having to go to New London or Providence! YAY YAY YAY!!!

I do have a hernia, just as I thought. I'm going to have Dr. Valin, my gastric by-pass surgeon handle that for me and maybe I get a little tummy tuck at the same time. I'm also going to see if Dr. Valin can do my colonoscopy. I'm overdue and it's going to be more complicated now, since the two surgeries, the bowel resection and the parts of the rectum removed and all the adhesions from scar tissue. I trust Dr. Valin, so f he can do it...all the better. AND, I will combine that with a trip to IKEA!

But first comes July and then Sweden! After that we'll think of hernia repair, etc.

Right now I'm going to focus on getting my blood levels (white and red cell counts) up and then walking, exercising and working out to get in shape for Sweden.

I am so happy and relieved. Sandy is happy and relieved. We are ALL happy and relieved.

Now I'm going to have dinner and then watch the Sox and later the Celts go for the championship---this reference is for Cindy, who complains about my writing about sports in this blog!

I have fulfilled my obligation to provide information....

Nighty night!

GO CELTS!!!

No comments: