Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back to Busy!

It sure feels good to be busy! AND, AND....I got to sweat Monday and yesterday! That felt GREAT!!!

Monday I worked outside, sweating, pulling weeds out front and hand clipping the long grass along the picket fence. There were a lot of weeds to be pulled and I worked over an hour and a half out there. The results were worth the sweat and dirt I got all over me.

Monday night we went to see Ryan play lacrosse. His season ended last night, and we knew we couldn't make that game so we made a special effort to get to Monday's game.

En route to the game we stopped at Lowe's. Sandy wanted to get vegetables to plant in the garden and I wanted some petunias to plant in the big planters on the front steps.

Well, did I get petunias! I got so many of them I was able to plant the big pots, plus two medium pots and another smaller one! I put two pots on the deck, where they provide some nice color and another pot by the stone bench out by the pond. I also got some other plants and made a hanging basket with some of them and will plant the others somewhere...I'm not yet sure where!

I also bought a bag of river rock which I spread by the quince bushes along the driveway and along part of the pond, where I had transplanted some plants to fill in a bare spot. It looks very nice there now, if I do say so myself.

After I did my outside work, I moved indoors and cleaned the WHOLE house! I mean, I dusted, cleaned sinks, bathrooms and vacuumed the whole house!

I did this because Karen and Charmine were coming to visit today and because I could clean the whole house. It felt good!

And, I didn't even take a Five Hour Energy Drink to make it through the day. I had been taking one every day to be able to get thru the golf outing, the trips to see Ryan play, etc. I was VERY proud of myself.

Yesterday I had had it with my hair. I was sick of how I was sticking up, looking strange. It wasn't curling like it did last year. So I posted on Facebook that I wanted to shave it off. Everyone was very supportive, almost enthusiastic, about this, so I mentioned it to Sandy. Sandy surprised me by saying "well go get the clippers and we'll do it!"

I was shocked because I thought she would be afraid of me getting nicked and possibly bleeding because of my immune situation. You should have heard her get after her father for continually failing to cover his mouth when he coughed! But I digress...

I raced upstairs, got the clippers and a towel and assumed the position. She zip,zipped it and VOILA! I look like a woman with a shaved head, not a freak with hair sticking two inches straight up and with a mohawk in the back!

She showed me the clumps of hair as she cut it off...I did not like the color-a horried gray, mixed with blond and darker hair. UGH!

So, if it doesn't come in to my satisfaction, or it can't be colored to make it right, I just might keep this look, for the rest of my life. It's nice and cool and easy to care for...I wouldn't mind. Of course, my first choice is to have it come in like it did last time, curly and dye-able. (is that a word?)

This AM I got up early again (yesterday I got up at 8:30!) and went down to get my blood work done. Then I ran over to Lazizah to get things for lunch--hummus, tabouli, some salads and pita bread. Then I came home, took a shower and got things set up for lunch before Charmine and Karen came to the house.

They came, we ate lunch and had a wonderful visit. We chatted for a couple of hours and parted with a pledge to get together again soon. Charmine and I were trying to talk Karen in to going kayaking with us. Hopefully, she will.

After they left I sat outside for almost an hour, writing down a list of the different birds I saw out there. I added a new "yard bird" to my list-I was quite excited to see a Cedar Waxwing out there....first time I've EVER seen one of those in my yard!

I got a kick out of watching the dogs going after squirrels, with Rocky leading the charge. They are always a day late and a dollar short it seems. I cracked up, watching a little chipmunk hop across the yard, Rocky and Bubbles looking right past it..searching for squirrels. They did not see the chipmunk at all! Then they ran right past where it went and didn't catch the scent! It was hilarious.

Tomorrow I will keep busy and hope that I DO NOT get a call from a 401 area code...that would be Ann Marie, calling to give me the bad news about my blood work. I'm hoping there is no call from Rhode Island and I can be admitted to the hospital at 8AM Friday for my LAST CHEMO!

If I do go on Friday, you'll hear the screams of joy!

Sox are on the verge of sweeping the Rays! How the tide has turned for them!

Nighty night....from your bald headed pal

No comments: