Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Big doin's Went for my MRI last night. They took some shots and then injected dye to get high-contrast shots.

Today I went to vote PROUDLY...for Obama. Then I got Sandy up to go to see the nurse with me. Kathleen, the nurse, thinks there are a few things going on with me. She ordered bloodwork, including testing for Lyme, urine test and gave me orders to go get a colonoscopy ahead of my regular schedule (spring 09). She was checking the computer to see if my MRI results are in today..but I didn't hear from her, so I guess not. So I wait until tomorrow.

She is concerned about the bloating and doesn't want to mess around. My stomach is so distended I look like I'm about seven months pregnant. I have been having this for awhile (a bit of a gut)....but this is really bad now. It goes down for awhile and then back up again. It could be the thing on my ovary, it could be from the hernia, it could be both, or it could be something else entirely. Whatever it is, I'm sure she will help me find it.


I still feel like I have a sinus infection...but I can't take any antibiotics. She doesn't want them to mask anything else that might be going on. I agree. Unfortunately, I also have to D/C my antihistamines,in anticipation of my allergy testing next week.

I feel like I am a WRECK!

Oh, the good news. According to lab tests from Sept I'm no longer anemic. So, why am I still so tired? Kathleen says that could be from whatever is going on in my pelvis and she ordered another test for that.

So many questions...and maybe I don't want the answers. But that's not how life works, now, is it?

So, I'm just going to let it sit for awhile, until I get more information.

Right now I'm going to bask in the glow of a Democratic victory.

Imagine what Obama is going to be able to do with a Democratic majority in the House and Senate? George Bush's legacy...it's wonderful, isn't it???!!!!!

No comments: